Monday, September 04, 2006

a killing in the key of d

Her head now hangs as if from a noose
born with a heart barely big enough
to hate, and to love, and which lie to choose

and now I stand
with my head in my hands
after a month's worth of pressing her bruises

now as the seasons turn
I silently watch as her letters burn
inhaling the smoke of what was once pure

nine months was all it took
a sweet smile to hide the lies I choked
a soft plea in this eulogy I wrote

all I've done is try to act like I don't care
a defense mechanism, and a vacant stare
digging a six foot hole to I don't know where

believe me, my love was true
I would change myself if I could
yes, I would change if I thought it'd do any good

and now I drink myself to sleep in sunken sheets
but recieve no rest
letting the paint of this watercolor world run red

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home